A Happy and Prosperous 2013
From the Staffordshire & Moorlands
Foster Carers Association
Firstly I would like to thank everyone that has support the formation of this association
As a foster carer for Staffordshire you now have a fully constitutionalised association with a full panel of committee officers.
IT's NOT TOO LATE
- if you are interested in becoming a active committee member
you can still come along and join,
We will be meeting monthly with at least four meeting per year scheduled with management and we are already forming working relationships with other departments associated with Fostering and children in care.
To provide some of the innovative services that we have planned we are applying for Charitable status
this will open the door to previously unattainable funding opportunity's as part of our application we have to formalise our Aims
We are continually looking at ideas and solutions to support and help Staffordshire foster Carers
The aims of the Staffordshire and Moorlands F.C.A. have continued to develop and this is your chance to put your ideas forward.
· To develop communication links with all Foster Carers and Friends and Family Carers engaged by Staffordshire County Council.
· To unify all Foster carers and Friends and Family Carers engaged by Staffordshire County Council
· To provide independent support and help for Foster carers and Friends and Family carers engaged by Staffordshire County Council
· To raise public awareness to the support that Staffordshire and Moorlands F.C.A. offers to carers engaged by Staffordshire County Council.
· Work with the local authority and take forward Views, idea's and suggestions to management meetings
· To Promote Staffordshire foster carers and friends and Family carers professionalism
· To Represent Staffordshire foster carers and friends and family carers - locally - regionally and nationally
YOUR TURN …..
Please forward your suggestions to email@example.com or better still attend one of our Open committee meetings
One of the first projects that we are looking at is to provide a support phone line -
"Carers Talking to Carers"
To ensure that this becomes a useful and functional service we need your ideas on how the service should operate and the kind of help we should provide
we hope that it will not only be used in times of crises and difficulty but also during those times when a carer can feel alone and isolated and just wants a friendly voice who understands their situation.